sexta-feira, 11 de setembro de 2009

Was She Real?

Was She Real?

3a.m

I was walking on the streets of Paris. It was cold. As I stopped to cross the street I saw a girl. She looked strange. I swear she looked like she was shivering, but not from the cold, from something else. When she looked at me I saw her face clearly. Frightened eyes, a beautiful mouth and perfect nose. She had long hair, black as charcoal. She was definitely pretty, she really was. Out of nowhere, a truck passes right in front of us. And she disappeared. One moment she was there, another she wasn’t. Anyway, I was tired, so I decided I should go home and get some sleep. It took me only a few seconds to fall asleep. Later that day, I woke up pretty late, around 2p.m, if I recall correctly. The first thing I think of was those frightened eyes I saw last night. I left home to search for that girl. I returned to the same street where we met. She wasn’t there, but there was a paper with something written on it. It said “Stop! Don’t even try to follow me…” Was this for me? I had a feeling it was. What would happen if I followed her? What would happen if I found her? I said to myself I would do it. I was so concentrated on this that I didn’t notice someone behind me. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I was got off guard so it scared me a bit. It was just a friend. She saw me and she decided to surprise me. I was a bit upset so I told her:

-Don’t you ever do that again! You almost gave me an heart attack!

-Oh come on. You were here, so concentrated, so innocent, I really had to do it!- she said –Well I was going to get something to drink, maybe we could go together? No?

-Alright then. Let’s go – I replied.

-I know a new pub. It’s awesome – she said – You’ll love it!

We walked for a while, trying to make it to our destination. As we were talking she decided to go through a dark alley, and quite strange as well. I looked around, she was behind me, and I asked

-Are you sure this is the right way?

No one answered. I turned around again. My heart almost jumped out of my chest. She wasn’t my friend anymore. She was the girl I met the night before. Now are eyes looked haunted and her face was pale. She started walking in my direction. My body froze. She was getting closer and I couldn't run or even move. Then, face to face, her lips draw an evil smile.

-You made your choice. I know you said to yourself you would find me. And here I am, right in front of you, to tell you this. You made a big mistake today…(she paused, then she proceeded)…but it was the last mistake you made.

In her right hand she had a knife. I was still frozen. The knife was raised high and descent directed to heart. When I was almost getting stabbed I woke up. It had been just a nightmare. A nightmare to remember. I checked my body to see if I had any wounds, but nothing. I calmed myself down and thought about all I saw. I asked “was that girl real?” and heared a voice whispering “yes…”. Then the door in my bedroom opened. And there she was…


Written by: Myself (again)

1 comentário:

Dark_Angel disse...

Está bom. Tens ideias muita boas, continua assim. Aprecio o teu trabalho.