sexta-feira, 18 de setembro de 2009

Slaughter House

Someone’s behind me. I can’t believe it. I look back once again but no one’s there. Is this a trick of my mind? I feel like I’m hearing things that don’t exist, but deep inside I know that someone’s following me. I proceed. Maybe I’ll hear something. I got to admit that I’m completely frightened. Why is this happening to me? A step! I heard I step! I can’t take this anymore! I run. Run as fast as I can. I’m not far from safety. A bit more and I’ll be home. Yes, I made it. Let’s see. Right pocket, left pocket. My keys! Can’t find them anywhere. Shit! This is not happening!
-Are you looking for this?
Oh no. My body is trembling like an hangman struggling. I turn around
-Good evening – I said
- Hello. You seem to have dropped this pack of keys. – replied the young man who stood before me. He looks pretty common. Looks like there is no reason to be scared after all. – Are this keys yours?
-Yes, I was running…I mean in a rush, and I didn’t notice they had fallen. – I explained – Thank you.
-I understand, you have to be more careful –then he looks at me and says – You never know what can happen in the night, when darkness has risen.
He said this with a strange voice. His eyes also had a strange glow, pretty strange. He gives me the keys and leaves without saying a word.
Morning after. Seems like it’s going to be a quiet day. I’ll spend my day at home. Hours pass, nothing to do. Then I receive a call.
-Hello-I say
-…
-Someone there? – I ask
-Look…at…the…window
-What? What do you…- I look. There is blood there. What is happening? I get closer. There is a corpse on the floor.
- What on hell is going on? - I ask myself
- What do you think it’s happening?
I turn around and there is a guy there. His face is covered with some kind of tissue.
-Do you know something about this house’s story? Do you know what it was used for?-he asked violently- During the war, 65 years ago, France was captured by Italy and Germany. A big number of Nazi soldiers and officers were sent to Paris, to protect it from conquest attempts. But not only for that. One of their objectives was to capture Jews, who were running from their nations, trying to survive. This is one of the houses where Nazi officers brought the Jews they captured. This was a slaughter house. The screams you heard when you were sleeping were real. I’ve been living here since I was slain. I was just a simple person, like you, and I don’t want anybody to live here.
-Please, you got to understand….I have nowhere to go.
-You are making a wrong choice.
I hear the door locking behind him. Then he says.
-That dead girl, near you, made the same mistake. Look what her. Maybe this is meant to be a slaughter house…forever. Everyone must taste a painful death like I did.
He grabs a hammer. Looks at me with those horrifying eyes. I step back. There is no exit. It’s my end. How could this be happening to me.
-I followed you last night. You were scared to death when I gave you the keys. I love to see people scared and frightened, especially when they are on their way to meet death.
I start to pray. He starts to walk.
-Get ready…to suffer like never before!
I close my eyes and say my last prayer.
-Say your last words!
-Angel Of The Lord….I Summon You To Shine!!!
A flash. A light bright than any light. Salvation. The corpse disappeared. The man disappeared as well. Now two things lay on the floor. A crucifix and a feather, an angelic feather. My last prayer was heard. My pure soul saved me, as well as the souls of those slaughter by this man. I’m sure of it. They are now resting in peace, and I, left to continue my life. Angel of the Lord, thank you, for listening.

Written By: Myself

Sem comentários: