quarta-feira, 9 de setembro de 2009

The Search for Inspiration

The Search for Inspiration

The Sun wakes before my eyes, burning free, far far away. As you are born from the horizon, you remind me I have to face another day among the living. I feel dead inside. My face’s pale, my heart’s quiet and my breath’s cold as a winter’s night. I fear every step I take, knowing that it could be my last. I can see from the trees that it will be a windy day. It doesn’t matter, my skin can’t feel the wind anymore. I feel empty. What would I see if I look at my image in the mirror? Maybe I don’t even have an image to look at. Would I have courage to look at myself? Would I lose myself in my eyes? Every piece of hope seems to run from me. I got just one objective that I hope I can accomplish. I know that it’s my last chance to make me feel alive again. I must go and seek for inspiration. My last hope. I gather all my strengths and leave my hideout. The door closes behind me, there’s no way back. It is windy outside. Will I hear a whisper in the wind? A clue, a word? I wait. It’s all too silent. I must move on, I need to be enlightened. I can’t let myself fall deeper in the dark where I live. Inspiration will be the light I’ll shine. It’ll break the chains inside and tear this pain away. I walk forward. Fear walks beside me. I know these streets but somehow I feel like I’m lost. Am I? I must have no doubts. I know where I am and I know I can’t stop walking, not yet. I try to stay out of the shadows, I feel safer under the sunlight. It’s cloudy but the sun seems to dodge every cloud. I stop. There is something here, I’m certain, but what is it? I look around me. And there it is. It’s me. The image I can’t face. But I have to face it. My eyes look sad, and my body looks fragile. What happened to me? Was I too weak to fight? Maybe I was, but I’m not anymore. I won’t suffocate under my own darkness.

It’s time to dive into my soul and find the memories I can’t let go. Memories of times where I still smiled. They are the little light I seek. The light I’ll shine. They show me what I was. They show me what I must be. Now I’m not afraid to face you in the mirror. I now stand still before you. My face’s regained its color, my heart’s pounding and my breath’s warm. I’ve made it. I am I, once again. I can feel the wind again and I walk against it. Inspiration walks beside me…


Written By: Myself (muaaaaahhh)

1 comentário:

Dark_Angel disse...

Gostei imenso. Continua a escrever. A sério, gostei.